PDA

View Full Version : resources and zone alarm?

Faldo
June 12th 04, 05:03 PM
I have Zone Alarm(4.5.538) installed and have it running all the time.
I've noticed since I installed it, my resources have dramatically dropped to a point where my PC is very, slow. I empty the TIF,RECENT, COOKIES,TEMP,ETC., folders on a daily basis. The programs that run at startup are at a minimum. Is there any adjustments that can be made so that Zone Alarm doesn't eat up as much of the needed resources?
Thanks for any suggestions!

Rick T
June 12th 04, 05:38 PM
Faldo wrote:
> I have Zone Alarm(4.5.538) installed and have it running all the time.
> I've noticed since I installed it, my resources have dramatically dropped to a point where my PC is very, slow. I empty the TIF,RECENT, COOKIES,TEMP,ETC., folders on a daily basis. The programs that run at startup are at a minimum. Is there any adjustments that can be made so that Zone Alarm doesn't eat up as much of the needed resources?
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>

I've never had problems with ZA from 3.something to currently using
4.5.594. Mind you I don't use the e-bay password or the mail-checking.

Perhaps a reinstall... are you using any other firewall or active
virus-checking software ?

Rick

Faldo
June 12th 04, 06:04 PM
Negative Rick,
I do not have another firewall on my PC,and I do have AVG but residential shield is not active. This problem started right after ZA was installed and no other apps. were installed.

"Rick T" wrote:

> Faldo wrote:
> > I have Zone Alarm(4.5.538) installed and have it running all the time.
> > I've noticed since I installed it, my resources have dramatically dropped to a point where my PC is very, slow. I empty the TIF,RECENT, COOKIES,TEMP,ETC., folders on a daily basis. The programs that run at startup are at a minimum. Is there any adjustments that can be made so that Zone Alarm doesn't eat up as much of the needed resources?
> > Thanks for any suggestions!
> >
>
> I've never had problems with ZA from 3.something to currently using
> 4.5.594. Mind you I don't use the e-bay password or the mail-checking.
>
> Perhaps a reinstall... are you using any other firewall or active
> virus-checking software ?
>
>
> Rick
>