PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Follow Links by clicking on them

freethinker
May 31st 04, 02:21 PM
I am using Windows 98 and IE 6.0. Very often I am unable to follow links on the internet. I have to resort to copying the shortcut ( desired web site address ) and pasting this into the webbrowser address window, then hitting GO.

What is causing the problem that nessitates these extra steps? How can this problem be permanently overcome and corrected?

This has been going on for sometime. I have been putting up with it, but the annoyance and growing extra time is cause to seek a permanent solution. There are several other similar problems which I will address seperately, because they may or maynot be related. But together they are causing a significant waste of resources & my time.

I hope that this is the correct forum to seek an appropriate solution. I have never used this before. Please advise me if I have the wrong forum.

Thank you!

glee
June 1st 04, 12:06 PM
You should get an instant answer if you post this in an Internet Explorer 6 forum
instead of win98.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"freethinker" > wrote in message
> I am using Windows 98 and IE 6.0. Very often I am unable to follow links on the
internet. I have to resort to copying the shortcut ( desired web site address ) and
pasting this into the webbrowser address window, then hitting GO.
>
> What is causing the problem that nessitates these extra steps? How can this
problem be permanently overcome and corrected?
>
> This has been going on for sometime. I have been putting up with it, but the
annoyance and growing extra time is cause to seek a permanent solution. There are
several other similar problems which I will address seperately, because they may or
maynot be related. But together they are causing a significant waste of resources &
my time.
>
> I hope that this is the correct forum to seek an appropriate solution. I have
never used this before. Please advise me if I have the wrong forum.
>
> Thank you!