PDA

View Full Version : Recording in MP3 format

oatmealstout
June 18th 04, 06:55 AM
I have Windows 98 SE, and I would like to record (rip) some of my CD's as MP3 files. My CD-RW burner came with Nero software, and I have been using that to burn CD's using MP3 files I downloaded from the Internet. However, it is a really early version of Nero (1.something); it will burn MP3 files onto a CD but will not record files as MP3's. In the past I have used RealPlayer to record my CD tracks as MP3's, but after recording one track, I get all sorts of error messages about RealPlayer, so many that my screen goes black and I have to restart. I have tried removing RealPlayer and downloading it again with the same result. So I am looking for a new program that will allow me to rip my CD tracks as MP3's so that I can compile them and burn them onto a CD using Nero. I downloaded WindowsMediaPlayer 9.0, but the plug-ins that I can purchase for it that allow me to record MP3's from my CD's are only for Windows XP operating system. Any ideas of other software I can download that will allow me to record my CD's tracks as MP3's? Especially free software? Thank you very much!